At Film Rescue we process any and all old, expired, deleted and antiquated films. It’s what we do.
If you approach us with a film that is a current process we will first determine from you whether you need us or not. Most films that are only expired by 5 or 6 years or so will come out ok processed by a reputable local provider. If your film is older than this we will want to have a conversation on exactly what you have, how important it is to you and how you think it was stored. With this information we can normally give some useful guidance on how you might want to proceed. We honestly don’t want to be selling our premium service to people that don’t need us.
Our lab notes which give us guidance on the best way to process a given film has a database with an excess of 350 unique film types. The following is a list of the most common films that we develop on a regular basis.
Following the film is a percentage of this type of film that comes out as recognizable and the quality trend for that film. Keep in mind, the quality trend is only a trend – some will be better and some worse.
- Very Poor — You can for the most part make out what is on the film but identifying people can be a challenge.
- Poor — You can easily identify people and places but the images are very harsh and grainy.
- Fair — Pictures are clear and easy to look at but not perfect. They may be lower contrast and have problems with blemishes and edge fogging.
- Good — The pictures aren’t perfect but they are completely acceptable. They may appear grainier than a normal new film.
- Very Good — Little difference between it and the quality of the pictures from a brand new film.
|Film Type||Percentage Recognizable||Quality Trend|
|Kodachrome (Motion and Still)||55%||Very Poor|
|Kodachrome II (Motion and Still)||80%||Poor|
|Kodachrome 40 (Motion and Still)||100%||Fair|
|Verichrome Pan||98%||Very Good|
|Moviechrome – all brands including Anso, Agfa, GAF, Boot’s||90%||Poor|
|Triple Print (Black and White Label)||95%||Poor|
|Triple Print (Blue and White Label)||58%||Fair|
|Triple Print (Red and White Label)||92%||Poor|
|Triple Print (Green and White Label)||80%||Poor|
|Triple Print (Pink/Magenta and White Label)||95%||Fair|
|Triple Print (Roman Numeral “VI” or “V”)||100%||Good|
|Triple Print (Swiss Cross in Circle or Flower Shapes)||90%||Poor|
|GAF Color Negative and Color Slide in cassettes 126 & 35mm||38%||Very Poor|
|Fotomat Color Print||95%||Fair|
|Fujichrome R100||60%||Very Poor|
|Fujichrome RT25, RT50 & RT200||70%||Poor|
|Famous Brand (Green Label)||90%||Poor|
|All Disc Film (Highly variable between brands and generations — check with us for more exact details)||90%||Fair|
|Any and all out dated film that may require special handling||N / A||N / A|